Saturday, April 10, 2010

New Technology SMC 5/10/10

Hello travel friends! I don't know what the weather is in other parts of the world but it is perfect here in LA today. The good news is I plan on playing tennis after lunch and have an outdoor wedding reception tonight. Its always a good thing when you attend the wedding AND book the honeymoon! I can almost guarantee that at some point before the bride and groom leave they will have some last minute questions for me and there will be people around listening. These are friends and I would be going to the wedding either way, Linds is a brides maid, but it sure doesn't hurt that I can pick up some potential customers without even having to try! It actually got started up last night at the rehearsal, the bride had some questions about her baggage tags and there were at least six pair of ears listening. That my friends is the best marketing tool any customer service rep of any kind can have and its free! The new couple will be traveling down to Pt Canaveral tomorrow to board the Freedom of the Seas by Royal Caribbean. They are sailing on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary with ports of call in St. Thomas, St Martin, Nassau, and Royal Caribbean's private island Coco Cay. I wish I was with them. Oh well, that is why I love my job, so I can live through my customers experience.
OK, now on to the new technology. If you are a friend or fan on Facebook I am sure you have seen some of my post about this. If you are not a friend or fan please look me up and join. Just enter Wiregrass Travel in the search box and you will find me. The new technology I am referring to is a brand new search engine on my web site for air, hotel, and rental cars in anywhere USA! If you have been a follower of this blog or happened to have called me wanting a hotel in xyz USA or wanted just an air ticket to visit your grandma in Kansas, I most likely told you to just go to Expedia.com and do it yourself. Not that I didn't want the business, but my vendor for those type accommodations just wasn't very competitive and for the dollar or two I would make I would just rather save you the money on this and hopefully you would remember me for the vacation packages that I could take care of you on. Well no more!!! My corp office has inked a deal with Expedia and Hotels.com to allow their technology to be added to our personal web sites. I am so excited I do not know what to do with myself. Not because it is going to be a huge revenue generator, but because I can be the travel go to guy for ALL your needs! From a customer service stand point this is a dream. Now all I have to do is get the word out and get everybody use to calling me anytime travel pops into their heads. The hotel side of the engine will pull "best rate guaranteed" rates for select hotels. I tested it out on the Raddison in Cape Canaveral(one I recommend to cruisers out of there) and the price from my web site matched, to the penny, booking the room directly with the hotel. Now instead of telling my clients who to call for a room the night before their cruise, I can either book it for them on my web site or just tell them where to book, their choice. Do me a favor and please send this web address to all your friends that you know already use Expedia and Hotels.com. It is the same tools and prices but it benefits me,which in my opinion is a great thing :)

www.getawaywiregrass.com

Have a great beautiful weekend, Jeremy.

No comments:

Post a Comment