Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saturday Morning Coffee-Sunday Edition

Good morning again, I first of all would like to apologize to my readers for the lack of posts this week. It has been a little bit of a strange week for me. I must say I am glad April is over and Friday brought a clean, new booking month. The reason I didn't post yesterday morning was because Lindsey and her mother get some sort of great thrill out of having yard sales at our house. We have only been married for almost 3 years now but I am pretty sure this is at least yard sale #3 or 4. In addition to the yard sale I am also on the rec. committee at out church and yesterday was our annual 5K. Long story short, I got up at 5AM and didn't sit down until about 1PM and blogging was far from the brain. One quick plug for my church, Lindsey and I are members of First Baptist Dothan. If you are in the area and do not have a church home we would love to have you. Much to our surprise after getting married, moving to Dothan, and beginning to "church shop" we fell in love with FBC. The funny part is we were kind of dreading visiting there, thinking we were not "FBC material"...we are from Geneva county and poor as gully dirt. We were dead wrong. The people at FBC were by far the nicest, most down to earth people we had met and we have been going ever since!
Now for my thoughts for the week. I can't believe I am even going here...swine flu, swine flu, swine flu! I said it, now I am just like every other media outlet in the country. Personally I am sick of hearing it. Yes I know this is a very serious potential problem but I think it is being blown WAY out of proportion. I sat through a webinar on Thursday afternoon that was put on by my home office and our insurance provider, Access America. The whole gist of the thing was to show us actual information from both the World Health Organization(WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). I am not going too far into detail because it is a lot of boring information. The one thing that really stood out to me is the fact that the defense for the swine flu is Tami flu! The exact same thing used to treat the regular flu. I know it probably has a great name but I don't know it. The way I see it is people die every year from the flu. That is very sad and I do not wish it on anyone but it is a fact. I also found out in the webinar that the child that died from the swine flu in TX had been sick for several weeks in Mexico before going to visit his family and being hospitalized in Texas. Obviously I'm no doctor but I am guessing that there are many illnesses out there, if left untreated that long, that will kill you. I said all that to say this, there are dangers of all kinds associated with travel all over the world. I think we, the travelers, just have to use common sense and be aware of our surroundings when traveling, not lock ourselves inside our houses and panic.
To finish this up and keeping with the Sunday theme this is what I believe: God already has the time set when he will call you home, but he also gave you enough sense not to run down to Mexico and kiss a pig! My Uncle Frank told me one time when I was about 15 years old, playing golf, and a storm blew up. He said "yep, when I was a young man I would have played right through this lightning, I believed and still believe that when the good Lord is ready for you he will get you.....but I figure at my age and all the things I have done wrong in my life, there is no need to temp him". All I can say to that is amen!
Thank you,
Jeremy

1 comment: